Effects of massage on your body
Over many centuries of practice, it has been proven that the effect of therapeutic massage on the human body takes it place at several levels at the same time - physiological, psychological and emotional. With the help of massage techniques, you can not only relieve fatigue and help a person to relax. A properly selected type of massage is an effective therapy and, at the same time, prevention of many diseases, which has long been used in medical programs.
In fact, massage is a kind of gymnastics that helps to strengthen the musculoskeletal system, develop muscles and joints. Also, due to the effect exerted on active points during the session, certain processes are stimulated that normalizes blood flow and cleansed from toxins that restores fluid movement and digestive function. There is an establishment of metabolic processes, which, in its turn, has a positive effect on the internal organs, as well as on the skin.
The impact of massage can be general and targeted. Among more than 200 types of massage techniques, there is classic, anti-stress, anti-cellulite massages, for pregnant women, with aromatic oils, for the legs and back, for the head and face. The influence of a professionally performed massage extends to the internal organs, deep tissues, as well as to the surface of the skin. After the sessions, the person gains a feeling of lightness and release from stress, receives a charge of vital energy, good mood.
Effect on health
Lots of massage techniques practices have been proven to be therapeutic and were often used in conjunction with prescribed medical procedures. The effect of massage on the body depends on the chosen technique, the patient's condition, indications and can be expressed in the manifestation of the following effects:
- Normalization of the nervous system;
- Restoration of the digestive function;
- Stimulation of blood flow;
- Increasing the body's immune resistance;
- Improving the elasticity of muscles, joints, ligaments;
- Launching the processes of rejuvenation;
- Getting rid of muscle clamps;
- Increasing stress resistance;
- Getting rid of insomnia, depression;
- Getting rid of chronic pain (headache, legs, back);
- Prevention of various diseases.
The effect of massage on tissues and cells is carried out through the stimulation of metabolism. Massaging movements performed with different intensities affect the superficial as well as deep tissue layers. The impact occurs on muscles, blood vessels, sebaceous and sweat glands. Due to the comprehensive study, the following results appear:
- Cleansing the skin, getting rid of keratinized particles, impurities, blackheads, rashes;
- Cleansing pores from excess secretory fluid;
- Elimination of venous stasis;
- Prevention of varicose veins;
- Making the skin velvety, soft, beautiful color;
- Getting rid of pigmentation;
- Alignment, smoothing;
- Stimulation of anti-aging processes (increase in elasticity, moisture, firmness).
Subcutaneous fat cells
The activation of metabolism, which occurs during and after the massage, promotes the burning of excess fat cells. Therefore, massages are often used as an additional procedure in slimming, stretch marks and cellulite treatments.
The effect of massage on ligaments and joints is manifested in increased flexibility and elasticity of muscle tissues. Certain massage techniques help to reduce the development of muscle wasting, as well as slow down atrophy. Muscle performance improves, and regeneration processes are accelerated.
The positive effect on the joints is manifested in the following effects:
- Improvement of blood supply to periarticular tissues;
- Strengthening of the bag-ligamentous apparatus;
- Acceleration of resorption of pathological deposits;
- Stimulation of the production of synovial fluid;
- Prevention of osteochondrosis.
The effect of massage on human body
Massage has the main effect on health due to the normalization of metabolism.
The restoration of metabolic processes has a positive effect on body as a whole, as well as on individual organs. Due to the correct movements performed with a certain intensity and strength, blood circulation and lymph flow are increased. This feature is the most important part of the effectiveness of massage sessions.
The activation of blood flow provides such an effect:
- Supply of tissues with useful microelements;
- Prevention of vitamin deficiency;
- Filling cells with oxygen in the required amount;
- Stimulation of metabolism according to the "external environment-tissue-external environment" scheme.
Strengthening the outflow of lymph helps the body to cope with stagnation, naturally get rid of toxins, toxins, excess fluid. Also, the acceleration of lymph flow and blood movement helps to get rid of subcutaneous fat. Additional effects of massages associated with the normalization of metabolism are:
- Getting rid of puffiness;
- Increased production of collagen, elastin;
- Optimization of the work of internal organs.
Influence on the functional state of the body
In addition to the effect of massage on the skin, ligaments, joints during the procedures, the functions of the human body are also improved. Massaging movements cause expansion of capillaries for abundant irrigation of cells with blood, enhanced gas exchange between blood cells and tissues.
The opening of the main and reserve capillaries helps not only to improve the distribution of blood flow, but also to optimize the work of the cardiovascular system. Additionally, the circulation of lymph is enhanced, the vasomotor and tonic functions of the lymphatic vessels are improved. The results of the massage for blood and lymph flow are:
- Acceleration of the movement of blood, lymph;
- Elimination of stagnation;
- Normalization of metabolic processes.
What is the effect of massage on the nervous system?
An important function is performed by the nervous system, which in fact is the basis of the human body. During the massage, the effect on the nervous system contributes to the general effect on all organs and tissues. When biologically active points are massaged, impulses are sent to the central nervous system, which contributes to the provision of the following results:
- Decrease in nervous excitability (depending on the intensity of exposure);
- getting rid of anxiety;
- Stimulation of regeneration processes;
- Activation of mental function;
- Strengthening, restoration of reflexes.
The high efficiency of massage techniques has a positive effect on the entire body, individual organs. At the same time, there are contraindications, the presence of which does not allow the use of massage as a way of relaxation, recovery and prevention. These contraindications include:
- Individual intolerance;
- Infectious diseases (including skin diseases);
- Acute chronic diseases;
- mental disorders;
- Varicose veins;
- Exacerbation of cardiovascular diseases;
- Fresh burns, fractures, dislocations, postoperative stitches.
If you want to get an unforgettable experience, improve or maintain health, “preserve” beauty, get rid of the effects of stress and hard work, then we invite you to an amazing Thai massage at our specialized Elephant Spa. Treat yourself to real pleasure, and our certified masters will take care of your health and beauty!